Exploratory Visit (EV) is an invitation issued by the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP), with the support of the Canadian Polish Congress to a maximum of 50 Polish families per year. In order to be qualified for the EV, a member of Congress must determine whether you meet criteria of the Manitoba Express Entry Pathway. For those who are just not able to satisfy the requirement of Adaptability they can receive an invitation for the Exploratory Visit. After you complete it, the criterion of Adaptability will be met and you will receive a nomination from the province. The Exploratory Visit grants 600 points to the Express Entry (EE) profile,which guarantees receiving permanent residency status in the next draw.
If you are not qualified for the Express Entry Program, you can also receive an invitation for the Exploratory Visit under the Skilled Workers Overseas Program. Then, however, processing a paper application and obtaining permanent residency status usually takes 2-3 years.
In practice, the Exploratory Visit is a short trip (minimum 7 days), whose goal is to visit a region of Manitoba where you plan to settle and work. It gives you an opportunity to see whether the place meets your expectations in terms of life conditions and job prospects.
During the EV you ought to do the following:
- familiarize yourself with the city and the housing market
- determine where you plan to live
- visit schools for children and/or adults and get to know the admission rules
- check whether it is required to have your credentials recognized in order to start work in your field
- meet the potential employers and by attending interviews
- actively network with people in order to ease the process of settlement
All actions taken during the EV are to be documented in order to debrief an immigration official and convince them that you will stay in Manitoba, and that you will have a positive impact on the province’s growth. This interview will be decisive whether you will be invited to file an application for the provincial nomination.
If you are interested in the Exploratory Visit Program and you meet the criteria outlined on the website:
we encourage you to fill out an initial assessment form. If you are eligible, in order to proceed to a next stage, you will be required to submit the following documents:
- English Language Test Certificate (IETLS, CELPIP)
- Education evaluation (i.e. WES) if you are eligible for the EE
- Employer’s references covering last 5 years of employment
- A copy of your passport photo ID page
- A summary of your Express Entry profile (for those who are eligible for this stream)
Detailed rules for the Exploratory Visit can be found on the website: